IGA Kendo Club

Enjoy Kendo!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Bogu Exam and Bogu Party

Pinoy Kendoka
Site Owner

Hi Guys,

As per the meeting a while ago, we are having two events over the next two weeks.

On October 9, 2010, we are having the first IGA Kendo Club Bogu Exam. This is essentially a grading exam in order to determine if you are ready to practice regularly in bogu, and allow you to select from the club bogu. For those who will take the exam, you will be graded on your proficiency in kihon and kata 1 & 2. 

On October 16, 2010, instead of regular practice we will be having the Bogu Party instead in Sensei's condo in Makati. This is the opportunity for those who passed the Bogu Exam to select from the newly arrived bogu donation. Party starts 1030am.

Please indicate via message whether you can attend either event. This is especially true for the Bogu Party as Sensei and Junko-san would like to know how many people are going to their house.

Cheers!

Kutch

--

Pinoy Kendoka

Still serving the Manslayer...8)

October 2, 2010 at 8:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

taMBBay sa Dojo

Sir Kutch,

I can go to the exam but I cannot go to the Bogu Party at sensei's house since I'm going home by 14.

-Gama

--

"A seed of idea is like a virus, resilient and contagious."

-Leanardo de Caprio, Inception

October 3, 2010 at 1:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Pinoy Kendoka
Site Owner

taMBBay sa Dojo at October 3, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Sir Kutch,

I can go to the exam but I cannot go to the Bogu Party at sensei's house since I'm going home by 14.

-Gama

Hi Gama,

Ok noted. In that case we'll make sure to reserve you a bogu set, assuming you pass of course. =P

Cheers!

--

Pinoy Kendoka

Still serving the Manslayer...8)

October 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rikki-kun
Administrator

i'll be going... yey! 

and for those members that are not familiar in getting to sensei's house... text me... i will be meeting mems at a certain location (accessible to all - probably ayala station or buendia station *mrt* ) just like what we did before...

--

October 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Little Julia

i am going! and i'm nervous. T^T i missed 3 consecutive trainings already. noooooo..!

October 4, 2010 at 3:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dardsie

I'm going to attend both the bogu exam and bogu party but I might be late for the exam. I have a geology exam this Saturday. It was scheduled to start at 11am at first but then yesterday, our prof sent an email asking us if it would be okay to move it to 1pm. T_T If it starts at 1pm, it ends at 3/4pm depending on which batch I'm assigned to.  Even if it ends at 4, I'll still go to Arena this Saturday. If I'm too late, then I'll just have to take the bogu exam some other day...

--

熟能生巧

October 5, 2010 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Fort Liu

Ill be going to both :D

--

October 5, 2010 at 2:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

sofiaysabel
Limited Member

I'll be going to both. :D

(ginaya ko lang reply in Fort. :P)

October 5, 2010 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Hachiko
Limited Member

I'm not sure... But most probably be there, wish me luck :D

October 5, 2010 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lex Busto

I will not take the exam but I'll observe (observation is part of my training :D, gambaremasu!)... As for the party, I was not allowed by my mom :(

October 5, 2010 at 8:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Alvin

I will be attending both the exam and party :D

October 5, 2010 at 8:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Max

Going to both :D

-Max

October 5, 2010 at 11:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rikki-kun
Administrator

Lex Busto at October 5, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I will not take the exam but I'll observe (observation is part of my training :D, gambaremasu!)... As for the party, I was not allowed by my mom :(

why?? its fun to have a party at sensei's house... the food are great... ask her permission again... ehehehe

--

October 5, 2010 at 10:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Angela Alcala

I'm well up for this but I'm not so keen on the exam. I will be attending, though.

October 6, 2010 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

gelo T
Limited Member

will be taking the bogu exam *gulp* but can't attend the party (will be going home on the 13th)

October 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

samurai-koji

All Students,  let's enjoy  IGA-KEN  !!!!!

And GET YOUR OWN BOGU !!!!!

Koji & JUNKO

October 7, 2010 at 8:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Ronin Bautista

Hello!

I'll attend the exam tomorrow. Hopefully, I can participate if my wrist gets any better (our keyboards at the newsroom are not equipped with armrests. It has taken it's toll on my right hand for the past two days :( :)

As for the party, may I follow instead? My extramural class at UP ends at 12pm.

October 7, 2010 at 3:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1245 views - 3 comments